Friday, August 2, 2013

Irish Countryside

So we went out of town again, and didn't have Internet access, so I never got to finish blogging about Ireland.  I know it's old news now, but I know I'll be upset if I don't blog about it, so here we go again.

Saturday, June 30th

We took a tour bus the whole day to see the Irish countryside and the famous Cliffs of Moher.  This was probably my favorite day and I probably took like 800 photos, most of them from the bus.  I obviously won't be posting all of them, but I'm still going to split this day into two posts because it was very hard to narrow them all down :/  And be warned, I took lots of pictures of little cottages.  I mean really, who wouldn't want to live in a cute little cottage in the Irish countryside?!

We had to be up bright and early, the earliest we'd been up the whole trip.  The bus departed at 7.




The back of the bus was reserved for us..ha.


We didn't even change Aiden out of his jammies.  We figured we had several hours on a bus to do it ;)



Preparations for the Irish Derby.  You can see two horses in the distance.


First of many cottage pictures ;)


We saw lots of livestock.






We had our first bathroom stop (not even an hour in..ha) and this was next door!

Speaking of bathrooms, our tour guide taught us that in Ireland you don't ask for the bathroom or the restroom, just the toilet or the jack.  When you ask for a bathroom they look around and ask, "Where's the bath?" and with a restroom they ask, "Where's the bed?"

Had to get a picture!


Ha.







I loved all of the little houses with flower boxes outside the window. Made them so homey :)



We saw lots of castle ruins throughout the day.




Cows in the front yard ;)


Love this tractor shot I got.





Again with the flower boxes :)















You can tell how foggy it was in a lot of these.






Love the yellow trim on this one.









We stopped in Limerick for a little bit.


Aiden was loving this little car ;)




You can see King John's castle way back there and the River Shannon.



Once we got back on the bus, we drove by it, but it was hard to get good pictures.




Rugby stadium just outside Limerick.








Statue of Icarus.  Remember the story?  The kid had to flee Crete urgently so his dad, Daedalus, made him wings out of feathers and wax.  He told him to stay as far from the sun as possible.  The higher Icarus flew, the more the wax melted, and he eventually fell to the sea and drowned.  Depressing.






Sheep in the front yard.



We passed this crazy big golf course.


It was naturally this hilly.


Looks quite challenging!







I like this shot - cow in the foreground w/ country and homes in the background :)


We saw a few little "leprechaun houses" throughout the day.


At this point we were almost to the Cliffs.  And that's coming up next, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)