Saturday, September 28, 2013

Goodbye to the Beloved Paci!!

Our Aiden baby is officially paci free!!  We have been talking about putting Aiden in a toddler bed once he turns 2 in November and I knew he needed to be over the paci by then or else he'd just walk right over to his bed and grab it anytime (he's used to finding it in his bed because for the last few months we've only let him have it when he gets in bed).  So Wednesday evening I checked on him, as I always do before heading to bed, and he had dropped his paci (from his mouth, as usual), so I figured I should seize the opportunity and just took it out.  I was certain he'd be up early Thursday morning b/c it was missing.  But he slept until his usual 8:30.  So I thought, well that was easy, let's try nap time.  Nap time rolled around Thursday afternoon and I put him in and just acted like everything was normal.  I left his room and I could hear him rustling around in his crib (obviously looking for his paci, which made me feel bad) and he whimpered a little bit, but he was totally fine.  So, again, I thought, well that was easy, let's try bed time. Same thing for bed time.  He looked for it for a minute, whimpered a little, but was totally fine!! And he hasn't had it ever since!  It's like he's totally forgotten about it! As long as he has his stuffed animals, water, maybe a car or book, he is totally fine.  This kid seriously amazes me every. single. day.  He is just so easy going!  I was telling Trent that I almost wanted to give it back to him because he took it so well!!  Of course I won't ;)  I am just so proud of my big boy.

One of his last nights with his beloved paci.


Video I got this morning basically saying everything you just read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)