Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Joy in the Little Things

Having children has helped me to find joy in the little things again.  Let me explain.  The other week I got to have some "me time" (thanks Tanis!) and I was at our neighbors' pool (thank you Moons'!) just reading The Fault in our Stars and I realized I would stop reading every time I heard an airplane and I wouldn't go back to reading until I had found it in the sky :)  Aiden Monkey has totally rubbed off on us and I love it!  Any time we're out, he'll look out for airplanes, helicopters, trucks (any kind - trash, mail, semi, etc.), diggers, buses, etc. and excitedly point them out to us :)  They bring him so much joy!  He's a great example to me in finding joy in the little things.

Every Thursday as we're getting ready for Aiden's swim lesson, he'll hear the trash truck coming through the neighborhood and say, "What's that?!" (of course he knows!) and then he'll say, "Let's go see!" so I'll grab Janie and we'll hurry out the front door to watch it.  This last Thursday I wasn't quite dressed yet so I just waited at the door, but I snapped a few pictures :)

Aiden was still in his jammies, showing Elmo :)



Elmo waving goodbye to the trash truck :)

Another adorable thing Aiden does is grab props while he's watching t.v./movies (he's been watching waaay too much lately - I'm trying to start limiting it).  I posted this picture to Facebook the other week. Aiden watched The Sandlot several times after we watched it on the 4th and he started to hurry and grab Trent's baseball cap, his stuffed puppy dog, and his baseball and mitt.  So stinkin' cute!


And he does this with anything he watches!  If he's watching The Magic School Bus he'll grab his school bus, if he's watching Fireman Sam he'll grab his fire trucks, if he's watching Finding Nemo he'll grab his Nemo, etc.  It makes it hard for me to turn it off because at least he's being pretty interactive while he's watching ;)

I realized I actually have another picture.  Monday evening Aiden watched The Magic School Bus  in our room while I watched The Bachelorette ;) in the living room.  Notice he had his school bus with him :)


Here are 2 more pictures of Aiden from the last few days.  I just love him!

It had been so long since Aiden had done this, so I had to get a picture :)


We got Aiden a little fireman hat from the Target dollar section the other night.  He doesn't realize the long part actually goes in the back ;)  I guess he thinks you wear it like a baseball cap :)

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to watch him think and pretend. I never get tired of watching him grow. Love this kid to pieces!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)