Sunday, July 6, 2014

Stars and Stripes Forever

We had a wonderful 4th.  I love the 4th.  I love red, white, and blue.  I love patriotism.  I think you all know this.

Our cute neighbors have been inviting us to use their pool (anytime) for a while now, so we finally took them up on it on Friday.  For some reason swimming on the 4th seems like a necessity to me :)  It was Janie's first time and she looked so stinking adorable in her swimsuit from Grandma Christensen.


Jill's been down here since she flew back with us from Amy's wedding, so she spent the day with us :)  My parents and Amber left Thursday to fly to NY to be in the Hill Cumorah Pageant again this year.




Super Dad, hanging on to both kids!





Trent and Aiden practiced his swimming.  And I held my breath.  I feel nervous watching him try to swim on his own.







Janie girl lounging :)


We were worried she was uncomfortable in her wet suit, so we took it off.


Aiden and Daddy wearing goggles..haha.


Back at our place.  I can't take it, she is just stinking adorable!



We all got cleaned up and rested for a few hours, before we got back together to BBQ.

Styling Aiden's hair ;)


Loving us some watermelon ;)



Janie girl in a sweet little romper :)



My festive little family :)


Aunt Jill



Our sweet baby got her first little sunburn.  I feel awful about it :( She was under the umbrella the whole time at the pool, so we didn't even realize.


Once it got dark we headed out to watch some fireworks at Apache Junction High.  Aiden was excited to see them, but once they started going off he decided he felt safer in the car :)



Mom provided us with some light up flags before she went out of town.  She is literally prepared for every holiday - I love it!


I hope you all enjoyed your fourth.  I am so grateful to be an American and for each of the freedoms we enjoy.  And I am certainly grateful for all of those who serve our country.

1 comment:

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)