Thursday, July 3, 2014

Janie's Baby Blessing

We blessed Janie girl on Sunday after Church in our home.  Trent gave Janie a beautiful blessing.  I'm so grateful he is a worthy priesthood holder and was able to do it for her.  She only let out one little cry and then I guess my dad stuck her pacifier back in and she was just fine :)  Here are some of the photos.

I actually had Trent take this before Church because I think my children are so stinkin' cute ;)  Right after Trent took it, Janie actually spit up all over her dress - so much that I had to change her into a different dress before rushing to Church..haha.


Now for the actual photos from after the blessing.

It's pretty crazy because we actually had the exact same group that was at Aiden's blessing (HERE).  A nice, intimate group, just how we like it :)  AND Janie girl wore the same dress I wore when I was blessed.  My aunt Linda made the dress to try to get it to match the one Jen was wearing that my mom purchased in Spain while she was serving there.  I loved it!

The priesthood holders :)  My dad, Trent's dad, Trent, and our bishop, Bishop Ridd.


Aiden insisted he wanted to be in the photo, but then backed out.  He had been standing between Trent and Bishop..ha.  And I actually just remembered, Aiden insisted on standing with all of the men during the blessing.  He just stood and held onto Trent's leg during it.  So cute!

The whole group :)


Aiden wouldn't really cooperate with us for pictures.  Sundays are hard for him (and us) because we have Church from 1-4, so he doesn't get his nap in.


That's his little black police car hanging out of his pocket..ha.  He wouldn't let it go.


Miss Janie was getting fussy.


My mom laughs because she says Trent is always ready for a photo, even when no one else is.  He's completely used to my picture-taking family :)




With Aunt Amber and Jill.


I wish Jen and Amy could've been there as well.  Amy was actually still on her honeymoon.

Trent went missing for a little bit while he was changing Aiden into regular clothes, so he missed out on a few pictures.

With Grandma and Grandpa Knuckles.


And Grandma and Grandpa Christensen.


Trent, Janie, and his parents.


I love this one!  We were trying to prop Janie up.  I just love how girlie she is :)


Suddenly getting very sleepy.


One more picture with the girls.


Saturday night, before the blessing, I was actually thinking about this song from EFY in 2005.  I remember loving it.  It has always made me a little emotional.  I actually prefer the version from EFY with the woman singing, but this is the official video on YouTube.


It's pretty crazy to me that I've already worn all three white dresses. And that Janie's worn the first one now.  It will be really crazy when she's wearing her second white dress, when she gets baptized.  I'll probably cry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the youtube video… I forgot about this song and remembering you loving it. Wish I could of been there for the blessing too. I'm sad I've missed both blessings now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) Jess, you look amazing!
    2.) Love that Janie wore your dress. That is so special!
    3.) That song has always meant so much to me. Thank you for posting it.

    What a sweet post. Can't wait to hold that baby in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)