Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Doggie Door

Just a quick, funny story from my day today!

I got a coupon in my email this morning that I wanted to print, but my old Toshiba laptop wasn't connecting to the Internet so I couldn't print it (unfortunately the printer isn't compatible with my Mac).

I happened to be in the neighborhood after babysitting, so I dropped by my parents' house to use their printer. My parents were both at work and I couldn't remember the garage code. I had texted Trent earlier to see if he remembered, but he had the numbers mixed up. I called my sisters Jen and Amy (neither of them remembered it) and texted Amber and she didn't respond. So I had to resort to crawling through the doggie door around back.

It was pretty funny because Tess and Haddie were so excited to see me. Every time I'd go to start crawling through, they'd stick their heads out. Anyway, I made it inside and then I remembered my mom's recent blog post (read it here) about a black widow right next to the doggie door! YIKES!! And I don't think my dad was able to catch it because it climbs up in an outlet box. I very quickly surveyed my body and luckily there was no spider to be seen. Phew!

I printed the coupon and figured I could leave through the garage - in other words hit the clicker, run, and jump over the sensory laser. Well I tried twice and got detected by the laser both times. I felt ridiculous and was worried people were watching me..haha. Trent is laughing at me right now for not making it over the laser..ha. I think I was just jumping too late.

I called my mom to let her know I had left the garage open (she was headed home soon) and she asked, "Why didn't you just go through the backyard sliding glass door?!" I have no idea! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. I guess it's because my only thoughts leaving were, "I am not going through the doggie door again with a possible black widow there."

The end.

This story makes me feel like a total dork! At least I got the coupon!

P.S. Amber texted me with the code after all of this had happened. It cracked me up that Trent, my mom, and Amber all gave me what they thought was the garage code. They each gave the same 4 numbers in 3 different ways (if that makes sense). Wow! Apparently I am not the only one that needs to be reminded what the garage code is!

4 comments:

  1. Jess you don't sound like a dork. You really sound quite resourceful. And thakfully Dad sprayed for the black widow.I was laughing that Tess and Hadie were so happy to see you come through theie door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahah! I can just picture you and your tiny self climbing through that doggy door! Oh, my goodness! Totally made my day reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what Mom said... The dogs peeping out to see you!! I miss my babies already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I love it! You are so cute Jess :)This made my morning!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)