Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Minor Dilemma

So Trent and I have had a little dilemma pretty much since we first got married almost 3 years ago; he is always trying to lose/maintain his weight and I am always trying to gain weight. After we got married I lost a good 10 pounds (I don't know why) and I haven't been able to gain the weight back. Consequently I have been at least 10 pounds underweight ever since. I know, I know, many of you are thinking "Man, I wish I had that problem." I've heard it before. And please know I am not intending to brag at all. This is a sincere concern of mine. I can't seem to gain weight. Lately I try to eat something right before bed so that I'm sleeping on it. We'll see how that goes! Any suggestions?

Just this week Trent started a diet, and this time he's being serious about it! He's always been really good about exercising, but he hasn't really ever dieted. I mean, we eat really well anyway, and we rarely go out to eat, but now he's cut out all carbs. Basically this means I'm cooking for myself and he's cooking for himself..blah! At first this really freaked me out because, as I've written before, Trent's the better cook. Plus, now I'm cooking for ONE..haha. What can you cook for one person?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine. I may be getting a lot more frozen meals now though..haha. I'm excited for Trent though and know he'll be successful :) He's only trying to lose about 10 pounds.

On another note, my parents are in Israel right now so we're staying at their place with Amber and the dogs. It's been fun to be in a house again, almost a little mini vacation :)

Haddie, the little white one, and Buddy, the black one, have been resisting their food a little bit so last night I let them eat inside. Usually they eat in the backyard.

This isn't a very good picture, but I was trying to be sneaky. Tess, the big one, is terrified of the camera. She actually caught me and she's getting up to leave the room in this picture..haha.


I got the treats out! Tess's eyes are always crazy when the flash is on. She got very upset after this picture and went outside for a good 15 minutes..haha. Poor girl!


Anyway, we're having fun! Driving Amber around a lot..haha

4 comments:

  1. Lots of carbs and fat. Ice cream before bed. Endless snacking, especially on sugar and chocolate. Cadbury mini-eggs, about a bag a week. These things tend to help me with your "problem" ;)

    Also, while Trent is on his diet, you may want to consider eating out. It might be about the same price as cooking for one and definitely more calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! I have had a similar problem! I have always, always been underweight. I am not trying to gain weight now, but when I was younger my mom would boost me full of healthy weight gaining things. Don't eat bad things to gain weight! A high sugar diet will decrease your energy and increase your risk for things like cavities. I was sixty pounds when I started sixth grade. Mom would do lots and lots of protein shakes. Have you tried whey? She'd also feed me Carnation Instant Breakfast every morning. Try an increase in proteins and healthy carbs and healthy fats; like nuts, avocados. Hope that helps! Can't wait to see you in a coupe week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat mac and cheese- it's so cheap that you don't have to feel guilty if you can't finish it all, and it's got lots of calories so you can gain weight! haha, j/k. But actually when I was having problems gaining weight during my pregnancy they were always telling me to eat almonds, apparently they're high in healthy fats or something like that? glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spenser taught me: Work out to gain muscle because we all know muscle weighs more than fat. Eat protein and drink protein shakes before and after you work out. It's made such a difference for me AND you are gaining HEALTHY weight not fat. My weight training class taught me SO much about gaining healthy weight.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)