Saturday, March 5, 2011

Body Worlds

Last night we got to go to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Arizona Science Center with my parents. I'm sure many of you have heard of this or even seen it before (the exhibits travel all over the world). For those of you who haven't, it features real human specimens, including whole bodies, individual organs, transparent body slices, and so on. Check out their website here.

My mom and I were a little disappointed that we weren't allowed to take pictures. I figured that's probably how it would be, but I was still bummed :/ Definitely check out their website to see some pictures. There's also a 50-second video under Prelude.

The whole exhibit was absolutely fascinating, but I think I had two favorite parts. First was seeing the anatomy of the inner ear. The 3 bones in the middle ear are so tiny. All 3 bones can seriously fit on your fingertip! So crazy!

Second I loved, loved seeing the little tiny fetuses. We got to see them from 4 weeks on. It was so amazing to see how much bigger they got from week to week. How incredible! In that part of the exhibit we also got to see a 5-month pregnant woman with her fetus inside. So cool to see, but sad to think that she died during childbirth :/

Our bodies are just incredible! I thank the Lord every night for my healthy body. If you ever get the chance to see one of these exhibits, do not pass it up! It is well worth it!

Because we didn't get to take any pictures inside, we took this picture outside..haha. There were 3 funny bug sculptures that all had faces and shoes on. If you zoom in on this picture (just click it) you can see all these little people around it. One's in its pincer :/ How gruesome! Scorpions are so nasty!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, nice picture! We went to Body Worlds when it was in SLC a year ago I think and it was way way cool. We definitely just have a picture right outside it too. You have to take a picture of SOMEthing to have proof, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Body Worlds is here in Idaho Falls! I would love to go, especially because I am in my Anat and Phys class right now. It'd be interesting to go see it and apply the things I am learning. I wish the tickets weren't so expensive! It sounds like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)