Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ostrich Festival

So I've been a total slacker about blogging lately. Here is a catch up post from last week when 2 of my sisters, Jen and Amy, and 2 of my cousins, Bryn and Meg, came into town from Provo.

I was so excited for the girlies to come. I had been missing them! While they were here we spent some time at the pool (the girls were psyched because it was in the 80's the whole time they were here), played some Nerts, shopped, watched movies, etc.

Saturday, though, we went to the Ostrich Festival here in Chandler. This is the only time I took pictures while the girls were here :/ They got lots of pictures though.

Anyway, there were lots of fun things to do at the Ostrich Festival. It was a little hot and there was hardly any shade, but we had a great time!

First we went to the little petting zoo.


Look at the crazy horns on this sheep!


Here's a better shot of him.


One of the main reasons we went was to see the ostrich races and I missed most of it :( I got this one shot. Isn't that hilarious?!


Then we got to see a sea lion show.


The classic trick - balancing a ball on his nose :)


At the end they did a little conga line.


We were ready for some food after this. Can you guess what Jen and I got? Haha..is the sign big enough?


All of us girls eating. I got a frozen lemonade after this. Totally hit the spot!


The last main event we watched were the pig races. I couldn't get any good pictures because we were sitting on the ground in the front row, but you can kind of see the little piggies in this shot. They were racing for an oreo at the end..haha.


There were tons of festival rides too, but they cost quite a bit more so we didn't go on any. We still thought we'd get a picture in front of some them though!

It was so fun to have the girls in town. I wish they were still here to be my buddies at the pool. Trent's not so into laying out. He's tan enough anyway!


P.S. Four years ago today Trent and I went on our first date to see Guitars Unplugged at BYU. So St. Patty's Day is kind of a special day for us :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun update. Lots of good photos!! It was
    fun to look at your update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Didn't know March 17th was your first date! Brings back SO many memories of freshmen year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm so glad you guys went on that date :) That ostrich festival really looks so fun! I can't believe its already 80's there...*sigh.. if I lived in Arizona we would totally be pool buddies!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)