Thursday, June 23, 2011

As Of Late

This last week Amy was in town for a final trip before she heads off on her mission.

Saturday we ate at Sweet Cakes Cafe in Mesa (their cinnamon rolls were featured on TLC's Best Food Ever!) and did a little shopping.

We got this picture for Jill. Her boyfriend is Drew..haha.

Sunday, Father's Day, our family was pretty involved in sacrament meeting. Amy gave a farewell talk (I know we don't really call them that anymore). She wasn't too thrilled since she doesn't know a single person in our ward..haha. Then I gave the closing prayer and Amber played postlude music.

Dad with 3 of his 5 girls :)

*We love you Dad and are so grateful for you and how you so willingly support our family!*

Tuesday we got to go through the temple with Amy. It was a very nice experience. Unfortunately Mom was the only one to get a picture afterwards because we were trying to be quick and get out of the heat ASAP!

That evening Mom made a nice dinner and we did s'mores. Amy had been talking about doing them all week and we finally got around to them the night before she left. My parents don't have a gas stove, propane for their outdoor grill, or a fire pit so we made do with one of those itty bitty jars of petroleum jelly (I believe) that came in a survival kit..haha.

You can see our little tiny jar of a flame..ha

Amy gave Haddie a haircut and totally botched it. Poor girl! See that big dark section? Yeah that's pretty much to her skin (yes her skin is darker than her hair). My mom made Amy stop when she noticed, so now Haddie has a funky bald spot..haha.

Amy was off to Virginia (home sweet home!) yesterday and the rest of us usuals (Mom, Dad, Amber, Trent, and I) got to go to the circus last night! Trent and I were really looking forward to this because we read "Water for Elephants", and saw the movie, and really enjoyed both. The circus came to the stadium where the Suns play!

At the very beginning we all stood and sang the national anthem. I loved how they dressed the elephant :)

These next two pictures are of the Grand Spec (I'm assuming from "Water for Elephants") - the big opening scene.


Sorry for the poor quality pictures. It was hard to get good pictures because we were up pretty high!

Here were the zebras and horses.

Not a great picture, but here was the tightrope.

They had many people get on it at the same time and they'd jump over each other!

They had lots of tigers!


This last tiger hopped kind of like Tigger..haha. It was hilarious!

My favorite part was probably the elephants (and the gymnasts, but I couldn't get good pictures of them because they were moving so fast!), hence all of the pictures! They were so funny and just all seemed to have such personality. Whenever they had to move to a new position (or when they walked on and off the court) they would grab the tail of the elephant in front of them. I would always notice the ones who couldn't quite reach the other's tail and they just seemed to get so frustrated. It reminded me of siblings who are expected to hold hands when out and about..haha.






There wasn't really a good time for Trent and I to get a picture while we were there, and then we split up from my family pretty suddenly because of the crowds (plus we parked separately). I insisted on a picture though so we got one in the car before heading home..haha.

I really loved our time at the circus! We'll definitely have to take our kids someday! I think every child should have that opportunity.


In other news, we find out what baby is in ONE WEEK, as in next Thursday! Any guesses as to whether it'll be a boy or girl? Pretty much my whole family seems to think it'll be a girl. We shall see!

4 comments:

  1. Jess, I feel like your baby almost HAS to be a girl.... It's the Christensen way! :) We are excited to see you iNEXT week! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I love the elephants! So fun! They look so cute sitting in a row! I rode an elephant once... He was so tame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I think you need a boy. Just to shake things up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling it's a GIRL!!!!! But how exciting it would be to be a boy!! The elephants are fantastic in the pics!!! How in the world do they train them like that!?! And your skirt is so cute in the church pic! I love it!! It Tanis buy that one for you?

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)