Thursday, June 30, 2011

Outnumbered!!

Come November I will be outnumbered! That's because we are having a little BOY and we couldn't be more excited!!! Since probably high school I've said I'd like to have a boy first. I have all sisters and growing up I always wished I had had an older brother, so I thought it would be fun to have a boy first so that the rest of our kids would have an older brother :)

I guess we should come clean..haha. We've actually known it was a boy since our first ultrasound at 14 weeks. The tech was pretty sure it was a boy, but we wanted to wait until we were a little more sure. We didn't want to have to go back to everyone and say "Oh never mind..."

Yep! It's a boy..haha!


His little feeties!


His little profile. You can see his spine so well!


My dad and Amber have been on a Colorado River trip through the Grand Canyon with some of my extended family until tomorrow (my dad got to take Amber since she wasn't old enough when the rest of us went several years ago), so my mom has been home by herself all week. It was weird to only be announcing to her..haha. We went over with a blue onesie to announce! Then we called Jill and Amy in Provo and even Jen in Africa!!


I have also posted 2 ultrasound videos if you're interested!

This first one shows baby's profile.


This next one is pretty funny! It shows baby's bum bum and boy parts (looking up)..haha. Trent thinks our poor baby is going to be pretty embarrassed one day with the first picture I posted and this video. Oh boy!


I am now 19 weeks along and feeling good! It looks like baby boy is growing and developing just the way he should, for which we are so grateful. I'm definitely starting to show so I'll post a picture in a few days!


I'm headed off to Provo with my mom in the morning! We'll meet Dad and Amber there and get to spend the next several days with Jill and Amy before Amy goes into the Missionary Training Center (MTC) on WEDNESDAY! I'm just bummed that Trent can't come along too :( This will be our first time being separated since we got married 3 years ago!! But I'm really looking forward to getting out of this ridiculous heat and spending time with the fam bam!

6 comments:

  1. Ah Congrats!! I am so so so excited for you two!! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess! We are soooo excited for you guys! I want a boy first too! And totally get the whole wanting an older brother thing! We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! What time are you getting in?! It will be so fun to visit with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little boys are the best! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Love it and I'm super excited for you. Can't wait to see how the pregnancy progresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first - CONGRATS. second - how cool is it that you have videos!?! i want videos!! haaha, maybe next pregnancy.
    So excited for you guys. Tom wants a ltitle boy so bad (growing up with all sisters will do that for him!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! It will be so fun to have a little boy. You will such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)