Monday, June 6, 2011

Maternity clothes

So here is the first picture of my bump! Here I am today at 15 1/2 weeks. Naturally I have noticed my changing belly for a while now, but this last week was pretty much the first week that Trent really started to notice :)



We have our gender ultrasound in about 3 weeks! Can't wait!

In other news, this last week Trent's aunt Tracy (my aunt-in-law I guess!) was in town from Colorado. She and my mother-in-law decided they wanted to take me on a little maternity clothes shopping spree while she was here. At first I was thinking it was way too soon to start looking at maternity clothes, but they both kept reassuring me that we should at least go look and try things on and that I didn't necessarily have to get maternity clothes (I could look at regular clothes in a bigger size).

So we were out shopping Friday and they were so right! It was so fun! We went to Motherhood Maternity and I tried on a TON more clothes than I have ever tried on in one dressing room at one time! They had a belly bump in the dressing room that I could strap on that was supposed to add about 3 months. It was hilarious! I can't believe I will be getting so much bigger! I really wish we had thought to take some pictures, but I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the clothes in my room, and I was trying to move quickly because Tracy and Tanis were patiently sitting outside the dressing room the whole time, waiting to see my next outfit :)

It was a successful trip for sure! I was able to get a bunch of clothes that I can grow into, but that also look good on me now :) Thank goodness for empire waist and ruched tops and dresses!

I am so grateful for my thoughtful and generous in-laws. Thank you so much Tracy and Tanis!

2 comments:

  1. You are so tiny I bet you could wear all your same clothes your entire pregnancy...awww it makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)