Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Scripture Power

A few weeks ago we picked up some new scriptures for me. Trent actually got me new scriptures for my 22nd birthday, but they didn't have the snap on them like I wanted. Deseret Book didn't have them in stock anywhere in Utah (at least in blue) when Trent went to purchase them, so he settled on ones without the snap. Well I knew I wouldn't be happy if I just settled, so they have been sitting around, unopened, with us for a year a half. They even endured our move down here..haha.

Like I said, a few weeks ago Trent spotted the scriptures I've been wanting! And last week I was able to get them engraved! I love them!

Check out these beauties!



I love how shiny and new they are :)

I got my last scriptures as a gift from my grandparents back when I was baptized when I was 8. They were pretty well marked up and written all over and some of my notes in them were a little embarrassing..haha. I love that I now have a fresh, clean slate (if you will) to work with, especially now that I'm older and a bit wiser. I have been so excited to start studying and marking them up :)


If you haven't ever had a chance to read these (particularly the Book of Mormon), I would encourage you to do so. I know they are true! If you need access to some scriptures just let me know.


Tonight I was reading King Benjamin's (love him!) speech in Mosiah chapter 2. I love verses 20 through 22. They say:

20 "I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another--

21 "I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another--I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.

22 "And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you."


I am so grateful for such a loving, giving, mindful Heavenly Father and know that I am "eternally indebted" (verse 34) to Him. The least I can do is serve Him and keep His commandments.

2 comments:

  1. I have the exact same ones! I got them in high school so they still say my maiden name, but I love them like that. Go blue tiny quads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay scriptures! Thank you for sharing your sweet testimony! I want a new set of scriptures so badly! We were going to buy them when we got married.... But scriptures are stinking expensive!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)