Friday, August 5, 2011

Christensen Family Reunion

So the Christensen family reunion took place the next week from Sunday, July 24 - Saturday the 30th. Dad had every intention of being there, but work got crazy and he had to stay behind :( And Amy, of course, is serving in Carlsbad so she wasn't there either. It didn't feel quite right without either of them, but we still had a nice week. It was a lot cooler and stormy though than the previous week.

This first picture should actually be with my previous post. Trent and I went kayaking on Saturday after the triathlon. Gram got a new kayak this year, the blue one, so now we have two. I made Trent take the yellow one since it's older and sometimes has spider webs in it..haha.


Sunday we went to church (we only stayed for Sacrament) at the Canandaigua ward. I had to get a bump picture afterward since this dress shows it off so nicely ;) This was at 22 weeks! As of today, I am 24 weeks! Crazy!


With Jen, my twinner :) She couldn't believe my bump when she got back from Africa. I definitely wasn't showing before she left!

That afternoon Jen presented us all with gifts from Africa!! How nice!


Thanks Jen! We love everything :)

Also that day, the 24th (Pioneer Day), would have been Grandpa's 79th birthday so all of the family went to visit his grave. We always sing his favorite song "Love One Another" when we're there and it always brings me to tears. It's always a nice time to reflect on his life and service :)

This is the only picture I have of Blaine..haha. Great pic, right?! Sorry Blaine! He just got his mission call to Kenya, Africa!! SO cool!

Sisters - Amber, Jen, Jill, myself, and Trent


During our week there, Trent totally mastered slaloming. Pretty cool!


You can see that it was pretty cloudy.


I made him wave at the camera..ha!


Tuesday morning we got to talk to Amy! She was in the airport headed to Carlsbad. Crazy! She sounded nervous and pretty sad (I'm sure it was no fun for her to think we were all together at the lake house) and didn't have a lot of time. She's been there a week and a half now and is just trying to adjust. She's doing awesome and we're certain she'll make the adjustment quickly :) I'm keeping up a blog for her, so definitely check it out (HERE)!

Thane and Shelby were only able to make it to the Whitmore family reunion for the last day, Saturday, because of finals at BYU-Idaho. They came out Tuesday afternoon with us though to do some skiing and tubing and we had a great time catching up with them :)

Us with Thane and Shelby. That's my maternity swimsuit btw :)


Writing these posts I'm realizing I don't have any pictures of tubing. I would usually stay behind for the tubing trips because they get pretty intense, going over huge waves and what not. It was pretty uncomfortable for me and baby-in-my-tummy thudding over big waves.

Here's Trent on the back of the jetski, heading back to the house from the boat to grab the inner tubes, I believe.

Wednesday evening our family treated Gram to dinner at Simply Crepes. We love going every time we're in cute downtown Canandaigua. I got the Raspberry Gulee (it's my fave) and baby was just kicking like crazy afterward..haha. Sugar high! Not to mention, we also got a Nutella dessert crepe. Man, SO good :)

The next few days we spent any time we could on the lake when it wasn't stormy and raining.

Trent perfected getting in and out of the wake and even crossing the whole thing :) I'm going to have some major catching up to do when we get back to the lake house and I'm not pregnant!


Jen also mastered slaloming this year (by master I mean she can now get in, out, and across the wake), so Jen and Trent took the opportunity to do it together.

We were so happy because our last day there (Saturday) was a perfect, sunny day!


Trent headed outside of the wake.


Our last picture, in front of the beautiful lake house. We miss it already!

And that evening Trent and I were on a flight home :( We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back. It's really weird to think that next time we're there we'll have a little kiddo :)

3 comments:

  1. cutest pregnant person ever award goes to you. i hope you are feeling well- you look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had a blast. And you really are the cutest pregnant person! I'm so excited for you two (three!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!!! im so jealous! i want to go wakeboarding so bad!
    and you still look teeny! but so cute.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)