Monday, September 12, 2011

Dread

This right here...


has been sitting in my fridge and staring me in the face every time I've opened it for the last few weeks.

In just a few hours I have to take my glucose tolerance test.  I have to drink this whole bottle of glucola 30 minutes prior to my prenatal appointment.  I think I'm most worried about having to drink it within 5 minutes.  I am a terribly slow eater and drinker and I hate the idea of having a time limit..haha.  I've heard it doesn't taste as bad as you'd think.  Apparently it's like a really sugary, non-carbonated soda.  We shall see!

I am mostly dreading though, that I have to have my blood drawn.  I HATE that, especially the rubber band thing they tie around your arm.  I HATE feeling the blood pool in my arm.  Not looking forward to it :/

Trent's coming with me to hold my hand!  He's awesome!  What a good dad he'll be :)

Wish me luck!


P.S. Post to come on our trip this last weekend to La Jolla :)

4 comments:

  1. What a trooper!! I'm sure you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes. i didnt have to do it with D... so im nervous for the next baby - but you have to drink it all in 5 minutes? im a HORRIBLE drinker, as in i take small sips, i can't evne drink one bottle of water a day, nonetheless drink the whole thing in a small period of time. .. yikes, it looks gross!! hope you did well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drink really isn't bad and if you don't do it in exactly 5 minutes your ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha or you can eat 28 jelly belly jelly beans same amount of sugar. Oh the great things you learn working in OB :) Love and miss you both. Let us know Trent's PA status!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)