Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some Firsts

Over the last week or so I've experienced a few firsts.
  • Baby got the hiccups for the first time (at least the first time I've noticed) Tuesday night as I was trying to fall asleep and it kept me up for a while.  It kind of freaked me out at first because it felt like a strong pulse and many of you know I hate feeling pulses and thinking about blood run through my veins and what not.  Anyway, it was weird to recognize his hiccups for the first time.  He got them again yesterday during the day.  It's quite distracting.
  • Speaking of sleep, baby has also kept me up a few times at night when it feels like he's pressing against the mattress.  It's as if he doesn't want me to go to sleep and is trying to get me to get back up!  I try to trick him by turning onto my other side but it doesn't always work..haha.
  • This last Sunday before Church I had to have Trent put my sandals on for me.  It's getting really hard for me to lean over or squat down. Luckily I'm still wearing flip flops 99% of the time (it's still in the high 90's here).  I thought I'd have to have Trent help me repaint my toenails last night, but I was still able to do that.  Although my tummy got pretty squished while I was at it.
  • Over the last few days I've been getting uncomfortably full even though I'm eating the same portions I usually eat.  I think my stomach is just getting more crunched as baby is getting bigger.  I guess I'm going to have to eat smaller portions at a time.
  • Lastly, and this one doesn't really have anything to do with my pregnancy, I made nectarine scones for the first time this afternoon and had them ready for Trent when he got home :)  One of my former college roommates, Cassie, posted the recipe to her blog, and now I'm going to post it for you!  Check it out here! 


Do they not look amazing?!  Go make them right now!  You won't regret it! They are stinkin' delicious!  

2 comments:

  1. Those scones look great! I hope you don't have too much trouble sleeping towards the end. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica he's going to be here so soon! I'm so excited for you! We need to do lunch or something before he's here!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)