Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gobble Gobble

I loved the simplicity of our Friday evening date last night.  It was so simple yet so fun for me.  It was kind of a rough week so it was really nice to just be with Trent enjoying our time together before this little guy comes.  I'm 30-weeks now and kind of, totally freaking out (haha) BUT I'm also totally psyched :)

We first picked up some sandwiches for a young family in the ward (I visit taught the girl) that's moving today.  The Compassionate Service committee came up with the idea to drop by sandwiches the night before any family moves since they've probably packed away all of their silverware and what not.  I think it's a great idea, something I had never thought about!

Then we headed over to Border's at the mall.  I had heard rumors that Border's was going out of business a while back, but didn't realize just how soon!  We got there and it was already completely closed.  Nothing was there anymore!  We thought we'd be able to get some steals of a deal.  Oh well!

Outside of Border's we ran into a buddy from Trent's mission and his wife.  It was so fun to hear them catch up some.  They were both so excited to see one another..haha.  We may just be hanging out with them in the near future :)

I didn't want to just head home after this so we went inside the mall to see if any of the department stores had a cute outfit I've had my eye on for baby boy.  Our first stop was J.C.Penney and sure enough, we found it!  And it was on sale!  I was so excited.

Baby is due November 25, the day after Thanksgiving.  Since I first got pregnant I've assumed he'll come a little early, maybe just because I came early (although I'm a twin).  I don't really know.  Anyway, when I saw this little outfit I just had to have it :)

Here's the front...


and the little bum bum is what had me sold!  It's a turkey if you can't quite tell :)


Trent keeps asking what we'll do if baby doesn't actually come until his due date or even after.  I've assured him we will still dress him in this..haha.  You all will be seeing a picture of our new baby in this outfit, promise..haha.

After I had perused the baby section a few times over (it was SO fun!) we obviously (from the pictures) headed home.  I have been craving an orange julius for several weeks now so I finally made some for us and it was DELICIOUS!  I used this recipe.  Be sure to read his updated note about using half powdered sugar and half regular sugar.  Oh and we had to half the recipe.  Our blender wasn't big enough for all of it.

Pourin' in the sugar :)


And wa-la!  Fancy glass and all :)


So delicious!  We finished off our evening by watching "It's Kind of a Funny Story."  We really liked it!  It's pretty funny!

3 comments:

  1. Jess... I want to look like you when I'm pregnant! You're ADORABLE!! :)
    And be sure to send me an invite to your baby shower... even though I won't make it I want to send you guys a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jess.. so when I first saw the picture of you holding the outfit I thought the gobble gobble was part of your shirt, so I thought you were just holding the pants up! I was kinda confused as to where the rest of the outfit was... hahahaha whoops! your belly is lookin cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a fun date! Baby clothes are the cutest. Also, you are such a cute prego lady! Hopefully I will be cute like you... I am kind of terrified of ballooning out of my tummy and not looking proportionately pregnant. You look so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)