Wednesday, July 18, 2012

8 months

Aiden Monkey turned 8 months yesterday!

Here's what he's been up to in the last month:
  • A few weeks ago we finally started bathing Aiden in the regular bathtub.  We were just being really slow about getting a no-slip bath mat (it's an alligator!) and a kneeling pad (never realized they had these!) for us.  We also had maintenance come take the glass doors off.  They were a huge pain to get around while trying to bathe Aiden.

  • If Aiden sees us eating anything, he comes crawling as fast as he can and makes a certain noise that we've come to learn means he wants some.  We give him teeny little bites :)
Here Trent was giving him a Kix.


Examining a blueberry.

  • He pretty much always insists on standing.

Over to check on Sam (Tanis and Kent's dog).


  • Speaking of standing, Aiden no longer gets stuck like that!  He figured out how to get down a few days after I posted his 7 month post.  Yay Aiden!
  • We got Aiden a little highchair.  We just went with the Busy Baby Booster.  Aiden loves the activity tray that fits into the feeding tray :)

  • Lately when Aiden puts something in his mouth, he lets part of it hang out.  It reminds me of a little puppy dog :)
Here he has my hair tie - there was a little clip attached to it that's in his mouth..ha.

  • Aiden keeps calling people!  It's usually those on my speed dial (he's called Trent, my mom, Jen, and my dad several times), but he has also called a few people off my contact list.  I'm really sorry if you ever get one of these calls..haha.
Btw, I love his bed head in this picture :)

  • He loves to play with measuring cups, silverware, anything that he can bang around and that makes a loud noise :)
  • He has started making a face where he scrunches up his nose.  It's so cute!  I tried to get a picture, but it's hard to tell.
  • When I'm washing dishes and loading the dishwasher Aiden often comes in behind me and unloads it..haha.

  • To our dismay, Aiden has figured out how to open the DVD player and opens it all the time.  We're just waiting for the day that he breaks it :/  I wonder if there's any child lock we can put on it ?
And I think that's it!  

I seriously love to just sit and watch Aiden.  It's like I can see the wheels turning in his little head as he is learning so much!  And for your enjoyment here are a few more pictures from the last several weeks :)


Getting tired.


Do you need some tanning lotion?


Zonked!  He's getting so big!


Tess (in the background) trying to escape the camera.


Love Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! He is getting taller by the week.
    Fun post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is seriously one of the cutest kids! He seems so happy- I am sure you just love being his mom!
    p.s. Good idea about getting the doors taken off you tub- I have never thought of that but I need to get mine taken off too. They are a HUGE pain! What great first time parents you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute, Jessica! I had to tell you that most DVD players DO have child locks on them! Look at your DVD player manual (I had to look mine up online) and usually a series of buttons on your remote will activate and deactivate the child lock. Best discovery ever!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)