Friday, July 27, 2012

Homemade Butterfingers

Trent and I discovered this post on how to make homemade Butterfingers back around Halloween.  And you only need 3 ingredients - peanut butter, chocolate chips, and *drumroll* CANDY CORN!!  Hence why we probably discovered the recipe right around Halloween.

Several weeks ago Trent randomly mentioned how much he wanted to try them (he loves all things peanut butter!) so Aiden and I decided to surprise him one afternoon and have them ready for him when he got home from work :)

Preparing to melt the candy corn.


Mixing in the peanut butter.


I read through the comments on the original recipe and one guy mentioned that a 16-ounce jar of peanut butter is almost exactly 1.5 cups!  Because who really likes to measure out peanut butter?!


I also read in the comments that some people preferred them thinner so I spread the mixture in a cookie sheet instead.


Seriously SO GOOD!!  I will be honest, during the process of dipping in the chocolate I was thinking to myself, "These better be good or I'm not making them again."  I forgot how annoying it is to dip things in chocolate and have them still come out looking presentable.  I got pretty good by the end though.  If anyone has any good tips though, let me know!

And they were definitely worth it!  I'm positive we'll be making them again :)

1 comment:

  1. who knew you needed candy corn to make butter fingers? crazy! but they look so good!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)