Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Aiden's First Plane Ride

We got back Monday evening from a wonderful week long Disney cruise to Alaska with my mom's side of the family.  I took about 200 pictures so I thought I'd break the trip into a few different blog posts (and I still won't post all of my pics - don't worry!).

The cruise ship departed from Seattle so we flew there Sunday the 29th and spent the night there.  This was Aiden's first plane ride and I was very curious as to how he would react.  2 days before we left (Friday) Aiden woke up from a nap crying and crying.  This had never happened before and I couldn't get him to stop :(  I tried giving him some solids thinking maybe he was hungry, but he was eating and still crying.  We knew he was starting to get a top tooth, but he had been fine until this point.  I pulled out the Orajel for the first time and put some on and within about 5 minutes he was his happy little self again.  This definitely made me nervous about traveling with Aiden, but luckily I knew that the Orajel worked.

And Aiden did fabulously on the plane.  I don't think he cried at all. Everyone is always very impressed with him :)

Waiting to board our plane.


Watching the action out the window.  We flew with my parents, Jen, and Amber.


On the plane before take-off.  Everything was so interesting to Aiden.


He got so excited as the plane sped down the runway!


We gave him his bottle as the plane lifted off and he zonked...but only for about 15 minutes..ha.


He was passed around a lot.


It was nice to have so much help :)


We made it to the airport and waited about a half hour for Jill.  We got to see the Clark's and Gram as well while they were waiting for Thane and Shelby.


Then we were off to our hotel.  Aiden was so happy to be able to finally do his own thing.  I think he was sick of being held.


After dinner we explored downtown Seattle for a little bit.  It sure is beautiful!

I loved all of the plants and flowers everywhere :)



The Gum Wall under Pike Place Market.  Kind of gross if you ask me.


I looked it up on Wikipedia and found out that it "was named one of the top 5 germiest tourist attractions in 2009."


Aiden wasn't too interested.


Our little family.


We checked out The Blue Trees - meant to draw attention to deforestation.  You can read more about them here.

Aiden was over the picture taking...


or maybe just fascinated by the trees.


So I tried to trick him and turned the other way, but he still didn't look!


The next day, Monday morning, before we left to get on the ship, Trent and I walked down to a drugstore to grab some things we forgot.  I had to get a picture of these window washers.  What a crazy job!


We boarded the Disney Wonder around 1:30 and had lunch, settled into our little room, and had the safety drill.  The ship departed Seattle at 5. There was a big party going on on the top deck, but Aiden was napping so we missed it.  The cruise was definitely different this time around (we went on a Disney cruise back when I was in middle school) with a baby.


Me and my buddy :)


At dinner that evening Aiden learned how to drink through a straw!  He probably could have done it earlier, but we never thought to try.  Every night at dinner there would be a glass with a lid and straw labeled "Aiden."


We went to the "Welcome Aboard: Let the Magic Begin!" show after dinner and caught up with some family before we headed to bed.


Stay tuned for my next post aboard the Disney Wonder :)

1 comment:

  1. i already looked at jill's fbook pictures…I'm such a stalker. What a fun trip for your little family! Start 'em young on plane rides, that's what I say. They won't be free for long enough :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)