Sunday, August 19, 2012

Victoria, Canada

Sunday, the 5th, was our final day aboard the Disney Wonder.  We ported in Victoria, Canada, but it was a little different because we didn't port until around 7 p.m.  So instead of waking up, eating breakfast, and pretty much getting right off the ship, we had the whole day on board.

My grandma reserved the Cadillac Lounge for an hour for us to have our own Sacrament meeting at 9 (two of my uncle's are Stake Presidents). She asked my dad to give the talk and he gave a touching talk on courage.

We just kind of hung out during the afternoon.  You've probably noticed that we went to some kind of performance pretty much every night, but since we'd be off the ship in the evening we decided to see "Remember the Magic!" that afternoon at 2.  Trent stayed behind with Aiden while he napped.  It was my least favorite performance.  Definitely cheesy..haha.  They were basically trying to tug at our heart strings and get us to come back ;) Don't get me wrong, I'd totally recommend a Disney cruise!

I thought I should get at least one picture with our room number :)


Trent made a kind of pillow fort for Aiden..haha.


Before we knew it, it was dinner time (5:45).  It was so fun to catch up with Kyle during the trip :)


Picture as we were coming off the ship in Victoria.


Victoria was beautiful!



Loved the ivy climbing up this hotel!


Parliament building.



It was pretty ironic that we happened to be there during their biggest event of the summer - the 23rd annual Victoria Symphony Splash celebrating the 150th anniversary of the City of Victoria.


Aiden and I with Jen, Jordan, Amanda, and Courtney.



We all had to be back aboard the ship by 10:30.


Heading back to the ship.


The boys with Thane :)  Loving Aiden's Curious George hoodie.


And then we spent a few hours before bed packing up :(


And Monday was just spent debarking the ship and waiting around in the airport.  Sad day.  Aiden was such a little trooper and did amazingly the entire trip :)



As always, it was good to be home, but we are missing the family already!  We have such great memories from the trip :)  A big THANK YOU to Gram for bringing us all along for the adventure (and Grandpa too, of course!)!

And that, my friends, concludes my Alaskan cruise blog posts.  Woo, that was a lot of work!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the cruise posts!!! Josh and I are so sad we missed it, but glad everyone had a fun time. Hopefully we will see you guys at Meg's wedding...with our BABY!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)