Friday, August 10, 2012

At Sea

Tuesday and Wednesday we were at sea - meaning we didn't get off the ship at all.  We started Tuesday off at the Character Breakfast.  Aiden didn't really react to the characters - he would just stare and stare..haha.

My family came late so we got a shot with Goofy with the Lund girls and Dane.


Aiden and Tess are almost exactly a month apart.  I am so mad I didn't get a better shot of them together :(


The fam with Minnie Mouse!


The fam with Pluto!


While I wasn't looking Aiden stole my pineapple!


It was a little tangy..ha.


The waiter made us bows out of the napkins :)


Later we met the Princesses.  Grandma got Aiden some Mickey ears for the big occasion ;)


Belle.  I think this picture is totally awkward because Belle was hitting on my boys ;)  But really, she has her back turned to me!  What the?!


Cute one with Snow White :)



GG (my grandma wants the great grandkids to call her that) brought down an autograph book for Aiden.


Ariel.


It was formal attire for dinner that evening.  Our little family all dressed up.


After dinner we put our sweats on (it was cold!) and Aiden in his pajamas and chit chatted in my sisters' room with some of the cousins.  We were always the first ones to head out because we had to get Aiden to bed.

Aiden and Daddy on the way back to our room.


I love how Aiden grabs onto Trent's head..haha.


Did I mention that all of the family was on level 2 and we were on level SIX (except my grandma and the Jensen's who had a fancy suite on level 8)??  And we were on the complete opposite side of the ship??  That was a little annoying!  It was good though to have our own space so that we could keep Aiden relatively on his routine.


They are just so cute!


Although we were still at sea Wednesday, it was a special day because the cruise ship wound its way through the Tracy Arm Fjord.  It is located in the Tongass National Forest and is about 45 miles south of Juneau.  We all bundled up and went out on deck to check out the icebergs and glacier.


Making our way through the fjord.


The glacier!


We learned that the glacier is that blue color - "glacial blue" - due to the microscopic sediment or glacial flour.


Aiden looked even more chubby in all of his warm clothes :)


Since I didn't get any pictures with the cousins, I "borrowed" this picture from Jill.


Closer look at the glacier.


Inside to warm up a bit.


Thankfully Jen brought a whole box of hand-me-downs down from Salt Lake (from the 4 boys she nannied) because we didn't have any long sleeves for Aiden for this trip.  We found this little treasure in the box - Aiden's very own little Patagonia coat :)


I'm bummed because I didn't get a picture of all of the seals hanging out on the icebergs.


Once the ship turned around to make its way out of the fjord we headed back inside.  They were watching "The Lorax" on TV.


Got this picture from Jen and Jill's room.  They had a window.  We were a little jealous.


Aiden just playing.



I love that he always has his little ankles crossed.


Everyone loved the whale on his bum :)   


Later that evening we left Aiden with my mom and went to "The Comedy & Ventriloquism of Michael Harrison."  He actually appeared on "America's Got Talent" in 2008 and finished as a finalist.  He was fantastic!  It takes a lot to make me laugh, but he had me laughing, maybe for different reasons than the rest of the audience, but still!  I would totally tell anyone to go see him :)  Definitely check out some of his YouTube videos.

This was one of his acts:


Stay tuned for my next blog post from Alaska :)

1 comment:

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)