Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ketchikan

Saturday we ported in Ketchikan, Alaska, the "Salmon Capital of the World."  This was probably my favorite port.  We took our time getting ready and going to the sit-down restaurant for breakfast.

Aiden was very fascinated with our clock.  You'll remember that we didn't have a window - that's why it always looks pretty dark in our room.


Just hanging out while Mom and Dad got ready.


Loving Daddy's glasses case.  Notice his ankles are crossed in both pictures :)


I think we were all bracing ourselves for it to be cold and windy, but we were pleasantly surprised to find it was about 60 degrees :)  Perfect to do a little shopping!





We really didn't need all of these layers for Aiden.


There was this little fireplace in one of the shops.






We walked down Creek Street.


You could see tons of salmon down in the water.


Aiden taking a peek :)



Time to feed the baby!


We went to check out the Blueberry Festival.  I don't think Trent will ever let me live it down that I chose a slice of cherry pie over blueberry..haha. I only like blueberries by themselves - not in anything.

Notice Jill, Amber, and Aiden in the middle.  And another ship that ported there.


This picture makes me laugh!  Trent and I clearly weren't ready, but Aiden's always prepared ;)


Much better :)


We loved a shop there called Christmas in Alaska.  They claim to be the North Pole and had Santa there :)

Aiden trying to figure out who this man is!


We got him to look.


And back to studying Santa ;)


Jen and Amber hopped in.


We got this adorable Eskimo ornament as a souvenir :)  I love the fur!


As we made our way back to board the ship (we had to be back on by 12:30), we noticed Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck out on one of the decks welcoming us all back :)


I snapped a few more pics as we waited in line.



The brown store is Christmas in Alaska.


We went back to our room and ordered room service (it was free!) for lunch and napped.  When Aiden woke up later, we put him on the couch while we were getting ready for dinner.


He seriously loves Dad's water bottle - much more than his sippy cup!


And then he figured out how to open the Disney cheese crackers and was munching away by himself.  Totally cracked me up!


That evening dinner was semi-formal.  My cute boys!


Aiden with GG and Grandma :)



Such a little ham..haha.



 Aiden was so done with the pictures ;)


The crew performed for us.



And Aiden was really into it :)




Every time we'd make the long walk back to our room, Trent would fly Aiden all the way down the hall.



Oh, the joy on his face :)


We changed into cozy clothes and went to the "Dreams" production. Apparently it's an award-winning show.  There were musical performances from several different Disney films, such as Peter PanSleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King. It was a lot of fun!

We picked up Aiden from my parents' and were off to bed.

We got these cute pajamas for Aiden in Ketchikan :)



One final trip post to go, not that anyone seems too interested, except maybe my family!

3 comments:

  1. Aiden is so adorable I can hardly stand it! Looks like a fun trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that Aiden met the REAL Santa. He didn't mention a thing last time I saw him!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)