Monday, July 2, 2012

I Got Crafty!!

I was able to finish this beauty - my 4th of July wreath - this afternoon (I was actually able to finish before the 4th - hurray!) and I absolutely LOVE it!  You can find the tutorial HERE.


Aiden and I took a little trip (love our little trips) to Hobby Lobby to gather all of our supplies.  I just went ahead and got a 14" styrofoam wreath form.  And you can't tell, but my foam stars have glitter on them :)


Definitely the hardest part was cutting all of the little squares.  I'm a perfectionist and wanted all of them to be the same size.  Since the felt sheets are 9" by 12" I cut my squares as 2" by 1 1/2" (instead of 2"x2").

Actually, maybe the hardest part was dividing the wreath form evenly..haha.  I had my smartie husband do this since there was some math involved ;)

Do you love the Rhodes rolls rising in the background?  And Aiden's toy on the table?  Life with a cute baby :)



Trent snapped some shots for me of my work in progress.

I didn't even realize Aiden was smiling on the ground behind me :)


Making his way over to Dad.


Nothing to do with my wreath, but Aiden made it over to Dad :)




And ta-da!


I seriously love the 4th of July and all that it represents.  And I think red, white, and blue is the perfect color combination!  I could wear it all year long!  Last year we spent the 4th at the Stadium of Fire with Amy before she went into the MTC on the 6th.  Can't believe it's been a year!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Independence Day!  And save this wreath idea for next year :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it Love it Love it!!! I want you to make me some of these crafty things for my future home :) Ps. I love that Aiden crawled to his Trent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wreath. You can do this with any holiday, really! Tahnee made me a really cute wreath as well for the baby. I'll have to post a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)