Monday, April 29, 2013

Girl's Vegas Trip 2013

I got to spend this last weekend with 3 of my 4 sisters and 4 cousins for a girls weekend in Vegas.  We figured we should do something while so many of us are out west, before everyone graduates college and goes their separate ways.  We were talking though and may try to still have some kind of annual trip :)

Jen and I drove up from Arizona and met up with Jill, Amy, Bryn, Tori, Jordan, and Melissa driving in from Provo.  We really wish the rest of the girls in our age group (Dayna, Tiersha, Megan, and Shelby) could have made it as well.

The Provo girls made it into Vegas before Jen and I, so they stopped to do some shopping at the outlets before meeting up with us at the hotel.  We had a minor setback though when trying to check-in to our hotel - we were not terribly impressed with our service at the Tropicana.  Our check-in time was 3, but we got to the counter and they said they wouldn't be ready for us for another 2 hours.  After a little while we found out the reason for the wait was b/c we wanted adjoining rooms, so we decided to forgo that idea and just got 2 rooms on different floors, which was kind of a bummer.

Then the fun finally began!  We spruced up a little bit after all of our traveling and headed down to Serendipity for their famous frozen hot chocolate.  We opted for 2 separate tables so the wait wouldn't be so long.

Table 1 - Myself, Jordan, Melissa, and Jennifer

 

Table 2 - Amy, Jill, Bryn, and Tori


Sisters, before our food came out


After dinner


The whole group :)


We continued on down to the Venetian and paid a whopping 20 bucks each for the gondola ride.  So not worth it!!  It made for a good laugh though and memories for sure!





We made the long trek back to our hotel (the Venetian is at one end of the strip and our hotel was at the other), stopping at Walgreen's to pick up something for breakfast in the morning, and basically called it a night around 10:30..haha.  I think we were all feeling tired from traveling.

The next morning, Saturday, we spent a few hours down at the pool.  It was weird for me to be able to just lay out because I can't do that when I'm at the pool with Aiden (I think everyone got a little sick of me talking about Aiden, but he's my whole life!).

Me, Jen, Tori, Melissa, Jill


Jordan, Amy, Bryn


A few of us grabbed lunch at a food court (which took us like 2 hours since we walked!) and then we got showered and ready for our evening out.

The MGM was pretty much next door so we headed there to check out the lions first, only to find out they don't have the lions there anymore!  Darn!

The 3 of us happened to be matching so we thought we'd at least get a picture with the golden lion in the wrestling ring..ha


Had to get Jen in on the sisters picture :)


Then we were off to the Bellagio for dinner at their cafe.

Beautiful girls.


One side of the table.


The other side of the table.


We watched the fountain show on our way out (no pictures) and walked through some ritzy hotels on our way back down the strip. Before heading in, 6 of the 8 of us decided to whop out the 14 bucks to ride the New York New York roller coaster, and we were glad we did!  It was a fun way to wrap up the evening - a little bumpy, but worth it!

Amy was very nervous ;)


After the roller coaster, heading back to our hotel.


We all got comfy and joined up to watch Bridesmaids (edited) together.

It was such a fun trip and I am so grateful to consider each of these girls my very best friends.  A big thank you to each of our mom's for covering our rooms for us!  And to Amy and Jordan who did most of the planning :)  Let's do it again for sure!


Oh and this was only my second time being away from Aiden (HERE's the first) and, once again, I cried when I saw him last night.  I never think I will b/c I don't realize how much I miss him until I get to see him again!  He just seemed so much older to me, like he was talking more and had more teeth.  It must be that I don't realize these things b/c I'm with him so much.  Trent is convinced I love Aiden more than him ;)  

For Amy, who told me to get a video of Aiden when I got home.  2 whole minutes ;)

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun trip!!!!!!! Love the video of aiden man! What a goof! I want to squeeze his face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could watch videos of AIden for hours. tell trent that i love aiden more than him hahahah. JK....kinda.
    cant wait to squeeze his face soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you make the effort to see your sisters and cousins. It looks like everyone had a great time. Even though I live close by I totally loved the 2 minutes of Aiden too!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)