Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bring on the Ruffles and Bows!!!

Taking a little break from posting about Maui to announce that we are having a GIRL!!!  I'm sure you could guess from the title :) Oh and you've probably seen it on Facebook..haha.  Trent was not able to make it to the ultrasound because of all of the work he missed while we were in Maui, so I was on my own.  I have suspected I was having a girl this whole pregnancy (and everyone else too it seems - my mom, Trent, and sisters), but I tried not to dwell on it in case it was a boy.  I didn't want to have to try to change my whole mindset. Needless to say, when I found out today, I was giddy with excitement!  I could not stop smiling :)  And I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing a few times (that's how excited I was..haha) while she was trying to take measurements of our sweet baby girl :) And baby girl totally got the hiccups during the ultrasound, which was SO adorable!  She is looking perfectly healthy and we are just so excited!!  I'll have to post some of the sonograms soon :)

I wanted to announce in a cute little way (especially since I was suspecting it was a girl), so we announced with silly string - I saw the idea on Pinterest :)  I covered the pink tops so that my family didn't know until they sprayed Aiden to find out.

The lighting is totally bad in these pictures - I wish I had realized that before I had Trent take them.  We are obviously still very amateur photographers ;)

Getting FaceTime all set up for the girls in Utah.


These next several pictures were all taken within about 15 seconds.



Haha, you can see how excited my mom was!  


The minute she saw the pink, she stopped spraying and ran to grab the gift she got - a package of girly onesies :)  She was so confident that it was a girl that she didn't even bother to get any boy ones. That would've been interesting if we ended up announcing it was a boy ;)




Aiden was fine until everyone started screaming - then I think he got freaked out that something was wrong :/


Poor baby :/




So sad :(



I forgot to say that I am 19 weeks today!  At the very beginning of my pregnancy I felt like I was showing so much quicker than I had with Aiden (of course it was only evident to me).  But then I felt like it slowed WAAY down.  I can finally say I am starting to show.  I hate that whole first awkward stage.  People are still shocked that I am almost halfway through my pregnancy!

Oh and I just happened to put this outfit on today (it's a new top so I was kind of excited to wear it), but it ended up being very fitting for today :)


Anyway, as I'm sure you can tell, I'm pretty dang excited to get my little girl!  It is too fun that we will have one of each now :)  I have probably told Trent like 10 times now, "I just can't believe we're having a girl!!" because I feel so accustomed to boy with Aiden that it's crazy and exciting to me that I get to prepare for a girl now!!

Now back to Maui ;)

2 comments:

  1. Loved that Trent? was able to capture all this! Great memories made : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the luckiest grandma ever to have the cutest grandson ever AND also a little princess aka granddaughter! Bring on May :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)