Thursday, December 5, 2013

2 Year Stats

We got back from Maui yesterday, but before I post about that, I need to post about Aiden's 2-year check-up.  I like to keep my posts in order ;)

We had Aiden's appointment on the 20th.  He weighed in at 26.8 pounds (50th percentile) and is 34 inches tall (30th).  He had to get one shot in his leg (second dose of Hepatitis A).  I was actually really worried this time that Aiden would be pretty sad/mad at me afterward and I actually teared up when they stuck him, but he was such a trooper.  He literally cried for maybe 5 seconds.  I can't say enough how much he amazes me all the time.  There's a little playground outside the doctor's office that I kept telling him he could play on after his appointment, so right after his shot, I told him "All done" and he said, "All done.  I wanna go on the slide."  Then I couldn't get him away from it!  He probably went down like 20-30 times. Oh and I forgot to mention, Aiden decided he wanted to wear his aviator hat this day :)  Everyone commented on it.  He's such a cutie!  It made me laugh because when they took his temp and checked his ears I had to lift up the ear flaps..haha.

I got these pics of him from my phone, and I do not have a smartphone, so they are very poor quality, but I couldn't resist.


It's a twisty slide and goes really slow.  I went over on the other side to sit on a bench and it was slow enough that he always had time to look over at me and say "Hi Mama" or wave..haha.


To this day, every time we mention Aiden's shot, he talks about going "down the slide" as well :)


  • Aiden is talking up a STORM!!  It is crazy!  He basically copies anything we say.  Just today he started saying "Bummer." Whenever a fire truck goes by with it's siren on he automatically says, "I missed it" because so many times before he's missed it and we've told him.  So today I said, "Oh bummer" when he told me and he's been saying it since..haha.
  • He's been doing this for a while, but I've never written it.  When he doesn't want to eat something I'm trying to give him or when he doesn't want to do something, he closes his eyes.  I guess he's thinking if he can't see it, it's not there.  It totally makes me laugh because he has the longest eyelashes so he actually looks really cute when he does it :)
  • Literally, while I've been writing this post tonight, Aiden started counting to ten!  I've never heard him count all the way to 10 before!!  I haven't even really been working on it with him (does that make me sound horrible?).  He is such a little smartie! This is one proud mommy over here!!  I got it on video :)

Here are some pictures from the last few months that I haven't had a chance to post.

The first several, with him in short sleeves, are actually from back in October.

Whenever we go to San Tan (outdoor mall) these little rides always catch Aiden's eye.  It is usually pretty difficult to pry him away from them ;)



Sometimes we take the dogs for a walk when we go to my parents' and Aiden often wants to walk Haddie.  She's his perfect size ;)  He often ends up getting dragged a bit and ends up running..ha.



Aiden loves to line up all of his cars and trucks.  He also, clearly, loves to play on the dishwasher.



Right after that, he totally impressed us when he realized he could attach his school bus puzzle piece to the back door of his other bus and drag it around!


More of lining up his toys.


Trying to help his puppy blow bubbles ;)


On this day I was doing laundry and Aiden hid out in the linen closet and kept popping out :)







Caught in the act!


For a few weeks Aiden would reach for his light switch and turn on his light whenever I put him down for his nap or bedtime and if I tried to sneakily turn it off while he was still awake, he'd get right back up and turn it on again. We finally pushed his crib further so he can't reach it anymore ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)