Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving on the Beach

Wednesday, November 27th

Trent and his dad left early (like 6!) to go off and snuba dive.  I could not go along since I'm pregnant, so Tanis and I stayed back and hung out with Aiden at the beach and by the pool.  Tanis is such a fun grandma and played with Aiden most of the time, so I just got to relax and read (I was reading Catching Fire during the trip - I wanted to read it again before seeing it)!


At one point I noticed a whole bunch of splashing way out in the distance.  Dolphins!


These next several pictures all look the same, but if you're interested, I cropped them, so when you zoom in you may be able to see them.  I'll try to tell you where they are :)

Here you can see like four dorsal fins just to the left of the splash.


Here you can see dorsal fins all the way to the left - one's more prominent than the others.


In the center I think you can see one of their heads.  When I first saw this pic after I took these, I thought maybe they were killer whales, but I know some dolphins resemble killer whales.  Also, to the right of that you can see a dorsal fin.


Just to the right of the center you can see the top of a dolphin.


To the very left of this one, you can see the underside (white) of a dolphin jumping back into the water. It's tail fluke is gray. And there's a dorsal fin just to the right of that.


I know they're not great pictures, but it was so fun for me to see them :)



Aiden loved running into the water...


...and then running away as the tide came in :)



At noon we got to go see the koi fish be fed.  Aiden loved the fish this whole trip.  The elevators had windows so we could see the fish as we were going up and down (we were on the 10th level) and Aiden always wanted to be held, usually by Grandma, so he could look out and see them :)  At night when it was too dark to see them he'd say "Fish asleep."



Swarming for their food.


Aiden got to help feed them :)



The sun setting later that day.


This picture freaks me out because Aiden was trying to lean so far over the edge.  After this picture we did not lift Aiden up anymore.


Thursday, Thanksgiving, we started our day off with a glass window boat tour.  It was hard to get pictures of anything we saw, so you just get to see us :)


It was nice because 2 of the crew members jumped in and scuba dived and would bring things right up to the windows for us to see. We got to see some neat starfish and other sea creatures.


I wasn't feeling great.  I think I was feeling a bit claustrophobic, plus I was really hot :/  They just had 2 fans blowing, and if you weren't sitting right in their path, you couldn't really feel them.


We took it easy that afternoon and hung out at the pool.

We got to have a nice traditional meal at the resort that evening. Before heading to dinner we had Kent snap a few family pictures on the beach.  We've got some shadows going on, but I don't think they're too bad ;)






We had a great view during our meal :)


Sun starting to set.


Aiden was happy we got to eat outside.  He played more than he ate, but that wasn't anything new.




It was a very nice Thanksgiving :)

Oh and these are the little nativities I found.  My mom asked me to keep an eye out for one for her (she collects them).  I found the one on the left at the luau on Tuesday, but I was loving it so much that I went back Thursday and got one for me.  The lady had another design the second time, so I thought we'd get one of each.

1 comment:

  1. It was amazing how Aiden was not even afraid of those crashing waves!! Thanks for cropping those photos of the dolphins!! So cool!! I had so much fun with all of you :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)