Saturday, September 4, 2010

Removals

So Trent got a new job - well at least a filler job until he finds something else. Do you all know what removals are?? I didn't..haha. Trent now does removals, which is basically picking up dead bodies and taking them to the funeral home. Sounds weird and pretty gross, huh? It's good money though!

Trent is on-call, meaning he can get called in anytime between 5 p.m. and 7 a.m. Friday he worked his first memorial service. At these services he really just has to stand around, be present if the family needs any help I guess. Today he had his first two experiences with removals. He was called in at 2 a.m. (big bummer!), came back home around 4, and was called in again around 8 a.m. Not only does it stink getting called in so sporadically, but he also has to get dressed up every time.

I have already gotten some great laughs from the stories Trent has told me! And he's only been working 2 days! This new job of his is definitely a great conversation-starter :) Thanks to Todd from our ward (congregation) for letting Trent know of this job opportunity. He is also my employer at Old Jerusalem Treasures in the mall :) Man, he helped both of us get our current jobs!

I am grateful to Trent for taking this on, and helping bring in some money, while he continues to look for something a little more appealing. He has been looking for a job since we got down here in July. Something in the medical field ideally, to prepare him a little more for P.A. school in the near future. I am confident he will find something soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a job! And what a trooper for taking that on. Good for you guys for working so hard! I hope he finds something very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, this made me laugh. He's a braver person than I am!! Dead bodies creep me OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny...well not funny that they are dead but that you don't hear about this job everyday. Are these people dying in their sleep? Trent is a brave soul!!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)