Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Series

A few hours ago I started reading this.


I've heard great things about this series and just about my entire family has read it, including Trent. You have to realize though, this is a big thing for me.

Let me just say, I really dislike series. I hate feeling like I have to read every book in a series. I feel stuck.

I gave up on the Harry Potter series. I just couldn't get through the second book. I also felt overwhelmed with how many books there are, in addition to how long they are.

I also gave up on the Twilight series. I only read the first two. I may give that series another try. There's only four. Maybe I could do it now that I've graduated and don't have to worry about school.

I much prefer reading just one book and being done with it. It's so satisfying. I think I'm just not patient enough to read series. It takes too long to receive the satisfaction of being done.

So again, this is a big deal that I'm taking on The Hunger Games. I may need some encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. The beautiful thing about a series though is that if you really like the first book, you don't have to be sad it's over because there are more like it to come! I should read the hunger games too -- everyone goes crazy over them. Let me know how you are liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please finish this series it is probably my favorite books of all time, not kidding I am sad they are over, and I think you will get roped in pretty fast. Just take it one book at a time and forget that there's more. Just focus on this one and you will breeze through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading them!!! You will probably finish the first in under a week, and be begging for the others!! Good luck! --katy

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)