Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Made a New Pillow...

and it was super easy! We made it out of a placemat - an idea my mom got from a friend, Julie's, blog :)

To begin, all you need is a placemat that is made with two pieces of fabric sewn together, a seam ripper, and some polyester fiberfill.

My mom found this cute placemat at Target for $3.99 so this ended up being a really inexpensive and quick project :)

You simply use a seam ripper to pull the thread from one side of the placemat. You'll just need a hole big enough to fit your hand in.



Then, as I'm sure you can guess, you stuff your newly created pillow form with poly-fill.

And lastly you sew it all up. You can use a sewing machine or do it by hand. I just did it by hand. How easy it that?!

Loving my new Christmas pillow :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it. and I love your blog layout too. You are super crafty and I am going to have to go and try that.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)