Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Must've Done Something Right

I was going to post this music video yesterday with my anniversary post, but I thought the post would end up being too long.

I love the song "Must Have Done Something Right" by Relient K! It's funny b/c back during the summer of 2007 while Trent and I were dating, my roommate showed us the music video and we watched it over and over. It's kind of an entertaining video! So this song brings back fun memories in our relationship :)

The other day though it popped up on my iTunes (remember, I pretty much only listen to my music on shuffle..haha) and I realized how perfectly this song describes the way I feel about Trent, as cheesy as that sounds! You have been warned that this is kind of a sappy post :)

I hope you enjoy the video, but try to listen to the lyrics!



Now I don't know if you guys actually listened to the lyrics while watching this cute video so here they are (ha):

[Verse 1]
We should get jerseys cause we make a good team
But yours would look better than mine, cause your outta my league
And I know that it's so cliche to tell you that everyday
I spend with you is the new best day of my life
Everyone watching us just turns away with disgust
It's jealousy, they can see that we've got it going on

[Pre-chorus]
And I'm racking my brain for a new improved way
To let you know you're more to me than what I know how to say
You're OK with the way this is going to be
This is going to be the best thing we've ever seen

[Chorus]
If anyone could make me a better person you could
All I gotta say is I must've done something good
I came along one day and you rearranged my life
All I gotta say is I must've done something right
I must've done something right

[Verse 2]
Maybe I'm just lucky cause it's hard to believe
Believe that somebody like you'd end up with someone like me
And I know that it's so cliche to talk about you this way
But I'll push all my inhibitions aside
It's so very obvious to everyone watching us
That we've got something real good going on

[Pre-chorus]

[Chorus *3]

So like I said earlier, this whole song describes the way I feel about Trent. I really truly think we make a great team. I could not have chosen a better teammate. I think we both bring dynamics to our relationship that the other may be lacking a little bit. Trent deals with all of my faults and weaknesses and sometimes it's so hard for me to believe that he chose me and continues to stick with me. He is always there to listen and always tries to help me to see the best in everything, even when I'm being a little bit negative. He makes me a better person everyday, for which I am truly grateful.

In the end, all I have to say is I really "must've done something right" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)