Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My First Ultrasound

Well technically it wasn't my first because I had an ultrasound back in 1st grade when I had to have my appendix taken out (which was healthy by the way..ha), but you know what I mean!

It was so great to be able see our baby yesterday. Like probably any newly pregnant woman, over the last few weeks I kept kind of freaking myself out that I was going to miscarry. I just didn't, and still don't know the types of things I should be feeling with my body right now, so any time I had any kind of slight cramping or anything I'd freak out.

But things seem to be progressing just fine! Here are a few of our sonograms.

In these first two, baby seems to be sucking its thumb. Who really knows if it really was, but we like to think so! It's so dang cute! I have our printed sonograms on the fridge and can't seem to stop looking at them :)



I guess baby was moving around quite a bit in the beginning, but after a bit it was really still. The ultrasound tech thinks it fell asleep :) Baby's just lounging in there! What a life!


Oh! Kind of funny, but I had know idea that I was supposed to show up for my ultrasound with a full bladder. No one told me that! So I guess my bladder was pretty much empty because I had gone to the bathroom before we showed up. I guess a full bladder makes it easier to see the baby and take measurements. Because I didn't have a full bladder the tech was really jabbing me at first and it was quite uncomfortable, to say the least. Luckily once she found baby in there she let up a little bit. Now I know! Full bladder ladies!

I am about 14 weeks along and we found out baby weighs about 2 ounces. I had gained 3 pounds since my last appointment which was pretty crazy! I'm not used to gaining weight..haha. We set the date for the gender ultrasound. Last week of June! Woohoo!


Now I thought I'd quickly update you on how I've been doing since I posted that we were pregnant a few weeks ago.

Trent has been a little annoyed because all I ever crave is what we don't have..haha. I'll see a commercial on t.v. and I just have to have it! For instance, the other night we picked up the new frozen strawberry lemonade from McDonald's, which was so good by the way! I've also gone to the mall a few times just to pick up an original Wetzel's Pretzel with salt. SO GOOD! I've been really into salty things. Another day I just had to have a blueberry bagel with plain cream cheese from Einstein Bagels. It was to die for! I was talking about it with Trent for a few days after that..haha. We were able to pick up Lender's blueberry bagels from the grocery store and they come pretty close, so I guess I don't have to go out every time I want a bagel..ha.

Last week I had a mini meltdown when I was home alone..haha. It wasn't a huge deal or anything. I'm sure it was just pregnancy emotions. I was just feeling pretty frustrated because I am at a totally awkward stage where all of my clothes are starting to feel really uncomfortable (I avoid my jeans at all costs), but maternity clothes are HUGE! It is driving me crazy! Any tips??

Also, and I'm sorry if you totally don't want to hear this, but my boobs are getting even bigger. My boobs have always been too big for my body. I don't know where they came from! I've been hearing horror stories about women who were C's (which I am) and once they got pregnant and started nursing they went up to an H!!! Are you kidding me?? I will be so angry if that happens to me! I have told Trent, even before I got pregnant, that I may consider getting a breast reduction one day. I get headaches pretty frequently and my neck and shoulders just ache. I think it really could be my boobs! So anyway, I really need to go out and buy a bigger bra because my boobs are definitely getting bigger, to my dismay :/

So that's what my little meltdown consisted of..haha. When Trent got home I was a little grumpy and kept telling him, "Pregnancy is no fun."

The next day when I was quite a bit happier, I was feeling pretty guilty and a bit selfish about my feelings from the day before. I would have been so devastated if I had not been able to get pregnant. It was one of my biggest fears and I am so incredibly grateful that I am pregnant and healthy. I know thousands of women would trade places with me in a heartbeat. Although pregnancy is definitely not always fun, I am going to try to always be optimistic through the rest of this amazing and life-changing experience.

5 comments:

  1. Your little gummy bear baby is so cute! I can't wait to find out what it is! It will be so fun to see you guys at the Lakehouse! I bet you are going to be darling with a baby bump! I would have never thought that having a full bladder would have made it easier to read the sonogram! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, it's totally normal to feel like you hate being pregnant- I felt like that pretty much the entire time when I was pregnant with Alex! Also, as far as the awkward stage and jeans not fitting, you HAVE to get a belly band from motherhood maternity. Then you can wear your jeans pretty much the entire pregnancy. Actually, I would recommend getting one in every color. haha. But seriously. I'm so happy you're pregnant! Have you guys thought of any names?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ultrasound is so exciting! It is nice to actually see that there is a baby in there! I hated pregnancy too- the entire time I just felt gross. When I finally had Afton, everyone kept telling me to slow down but I couldn't because I felt so good- just remember it does go away after you have the baby- and then it will all be worth it!
    As for the jeans, I would also recommend a belly band they are also nice for post baby belly too!
    I am SO excited for you and even more excited to hear what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the ultra sound pictures!! This is so exciting Jess!! And I am terrified that my chest will get too big as well :(
    Mist if my pregnant friends lives dresses... the long ones or knee length ones. They especially loved them for st George's git summers.. so I bet you'd appreciate them as well! I cam wait to see your belly grow! You're going to be adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. either get a belly band for your jeans or you can do the rubber band around the button through the button hole on your jeans, i always did that one before i found out about the belly band! I also went to walmart and got a bunch of cheap summer dresses and just wore a white tshirt under them... very compfy during the summer.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)