Monday, May 9, 2011

15 Things You May Not Know About Me :)

Man I'm on a roll! This is my fourth day posting in a row!

I am writing tonight because my cute new cousin-in-law, Shelby, tagged me in a recent post she did. I was to come up with a list of 15 things you may or may not already know about me. A few years back I did the "25 Things About Me" that was circulating on Facebook. You can read that note here. I tried to come up with 15 different things about me for this list, so if you read both of them you'll know all about me in nutshell :)

Here it goes!

1. So I think you all know this, but I am pregnant!! I am now 11 weeks along and I am due November 25, the day after Thanksgiving! I get weekly emails from BabyCenter and I guess baby is now about the size of a fig!? Every week they tell the approximate size of baby compared to a piece of fruit :)

2. Jen, my twin, and I were born about 3 weeks premature. She was 4 pounds and I was 5 pounds. Can you tell I have babies on my mind?!

3. My favorite type of food is Italian. I love the tomato/basil combination. Trent really hates tomatoes so I don't often get to make these recipes at home. I take every opportunity I get to order something with tomato and basil when we go out to eat :)

4. I am one that holds my feelings inside. It drives my family and Trent a little crazy at times. I hate to argue and I am a non-confrontational kind of girl. Often I don't speak up when I really should. For this reason I sometimes feel like I get walked all over. It's something I am really trying to work on - sticking up for myself.

5. As a little girl I always said I wanted to go on a mission because my mom served a mission in Spain and I really looked up to her for that. She was the only one of her sisters to serve. The older I got, the more I realized how scary that would have been for me (plus I got married before I reached 21..haha). I am very shy and don't think I would have had the guts to approach total strangers and talk to them about the Church. I am so very impressed and excited for Amy to serve her mission starting in July. She is not shy and I really think she'll be great, a lot better than I would have been :)

6. I have never had my own room. I shared a room with Jen from the minute I was born up until I got married! This was good at times and bad at times..haha. There were countless nights when I screamed at her to "TURN OFF THE LIGHT!" But there were many wonderful times when we'd talk for hours and hours about boys and everything else in our lives :) I mean we hit every new milestone in our lives together! And then I got married, and I know Jen misses sharing a room :( Now I obviously share a room with Trent, and I'm not complaining about that!

7. There are only really 2 places I dream about visiting in the world. Those places are Ireland and New Zealand. I wrote about my desire to visit Ireland here. I dream of visiting New Zealand because my best friend lives there. I have had 3 best friends in my life. Jen, Emma Comber, now Harris (she got married!), and Trent (of course!). Obviously I have many, many other friends, but I consider these 3 my best. What's funny is I met Emma in 5th grade and she and her family ended up moving back to New Zealand after 6th grade (we were so young!). So I really didn't know her that long, but we have kept in contact ever since! We just really clicked and I miss her very much. We have definite plans to see each other again, maybe when I visit New Zealand ;)

8. I am kind of a night owl and Trent is not. However, I aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night (I am already feeling worried about this change once baby comes..haha) so if I have to get up at 6 in the morning I will try to go to bed by 10. So I guess I choose to be a night owl when I don't have to be up by a specific time the next morning..haha.

9. I have been really into nail polish lately. I think it's because we now live in Arizona and you can pretty much wear flip flops year round. And I want my toesies to look good! Right now I am sporting OPI's Panda-monium Pink and loving it :)

10. I do not see us staying in Arizona. The other day we were watching a movie and it was raining in one of the scenes. Trent and I turned to each other and couldn't remember the last time it rained here. I miss it! I want to live in a place with all 4 seasons. But then whenever I think about moving, it makes me very sad to think about moving away from both of our families, so who really knows what'll happen. Maybe we'll have to see where my sisters end up and move near one of them :)

11. I grew up with dogs my entire life. Right now my parents have 3! My dad is a dog genius and can pretty much tell you about any breed you throw at him. Trent and I plan on getting a family dog someday! I think Weimaraners are just gorgeous, especially the ones with blue eyes, but my dad has informed me that they are very active. I don't know if that would be the right pick for me. I am terrible about exercising..haha.

12. Every book I read, I read from cover to cover. And I mean every. single. word.! I'll even skim over the copyright page. Same thing with magazines. My mom would always pick up an UsWeekly, InTouch, or People magazine when we would travel and I think my sisters would avoid handing it over to me because I'd take so long to get through it..haha.

13. Every time I finish a bottle of shampoo/conditioner, I always get a totally different kind/brand as my next purchase. I like to see if it will have a different affect on my hair. I'm the same way about face wash.

14. I am really not a competitive person. I could care less if I win or lose a game. Except when it's just me against Trent. Sometimes I get really mad at him when he beats me, specifically at Nerts..haha. It makes me laugh when I think back on it!

15. I love freckles. I like the freckles on my right arm a lot better than the freckles on my left arm. And I am always searching for new freckles on my body. Both of my hands have pretty recent freckles on them :)


And that's all! Hope you enjoy this random list of facts about me. Sorry to be so lengthy and detailed..ha.

I won't tag anyone, but if this is appealing to you, consider yourself tagged! It's actually really fun to come up with a list like this once you get going :)

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! And it's kind of funny because a lot of them I kept thinking, "me too!!" haha. Like I am not competitive at all but when it comes to Justin, I totally am! And your number 4, I'm the EXACT same way! It's something I'm working on too. I can already tell though that being a mom has made me a little more bold, especially when it comes to Link. So hopefully you'll be the same way too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess! Yay! I loved reading this! I do the same thing with my shampoo/conditioner. I feel like my hair gets used to the product and needs something to new to vamp it up! And, don't worry... Thane and I get very competitive when we play card games too, haha. You should see us battle each other out during Spit! Can't wait to see you at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)