Sunday, May 1, 2011

First comes love, Then comes marriage...

We are so pleased to announce that we are PREGNANT!!! I am a little over 10 weeks along and am due November 25, the day after Thanksgiving!

So let me start from the beginning. We have been trying off and on since about August. When I say we were trying "off and on" I mean that each month I'd count ahead to see when we'd be due if we got pregnant that month. I did not want to have a baby in July or August just because I don't like how in these months you're either the very oldest or the very youngest in your class. No need to feel offended if you're a July or August baby. I have nothing against you..haha. This is obviously just my opinion :) I also really didn't want a Christmas baby so it worked out great that we got pregnant when we did. I hope that doesn't sound totally selfish. Obviously we would have been thrilled if we had happened to get pregnant at those times!

I took my pregnancy test on March 23 while my parents happened to be in Israel, so we were at their place. Trent had no idea I was doing this and I was feeling so nervous and anxious until he got home a few hours later. At this point I was almost 5 weeks. Check out the video I posted at the end of this post from when I told him.

When he got home I told him I had a surprise for him and that he had to close his eyes. I think he just thought I got him a candy bar or something! He had no idea what he was holding at first..haha. You can hear my nervous laughter in the video. I stopped the video because I started to cry :)

The proof..haha


Then we had a gigantic secret on our chests until we headed up to Rexburg two weeks later for Jill's graduation. At this point I was 7 weeks. I felt it was a little early to announce, but I wanted to be sure all of my family was present, and this was our last time for about the next 2 years. Jen is headed to Africa this week and Amy leaves for her mission at the beginning of July while Jen is still gone.

We made shirts for the big announcement (you'll see plenty of pictures below!) I was so, so nervous to announce because we had to time it perfectly. I only wanted my family and my grandma to be there so we had to time it just right. I was so nervous!! Very spur of the moment, Trent and I decided to announce at dinner on Friday, April 8. We were out to eat at Jill's favorite little sandwich place and luckily there was only like one other couple there. We both snuck off at separate times to put on our shirts and then put our coats back on (it was freezing up there so it worked out!) When everyone made it to the table we revealed our shirts. My mom noticed first and I just burst into tears! Does that surprise any of you?! Have I told you guys, I was so, so nervous?! I was wiping my tears and don't even think the rest of my family could see my shirt..haha. When they caught on, all of my sisters and mom were crying along with me! And poor Gram just didn't know what preggers meant!

Here are some pictures. Not the best because we had just driven four hours and I had been crying!

Jen had to be in on the pictures..ha


It was snowing hardcore outside and my mom was just in heaven (of course b/c of our news, but also b/c it was snowing!)

This was the point where we told my family they were allowed to tell NO ONE!! Haha! If you guys know my family this is very hard, especially for my mom, Gram, and Jen. We wouldn't even let them take pictures because we thought it would be too tempting. I have to give them credit though. They did awesome! They have been just waiting for this day :)

We waited a whole week to tell Trent's parents. We were hoping to do it earlier, but it just didn't work out that they could see us. We definitely wanted to do it in person and not over the phone. So April 15 it was, 8 weeks along.

Kent saw us first and had no idea what our shirts meant so we didn't tell him..haha. We knew Tanis would understand so we waited for her to come out of their room. And she knew!

With the grandma-to-be :)




I like this one :)

I had my very first appointment Wednesday of this last week, the same day Amy got her mission call. It was a big day! At my appt. we got to hear the heart beat! So incredible! It was beating about 165 beats per minute. To be perfectly honest, I didn't think too much of it at first, I think b/c there were 3 people hovering over me - the doctor, nurse, and a student. Once we went home though I couldn't stop thinking about it! I can't believe we got to hear it!! It made my pregnancy feel so much more real :)

Mom thought I should get a picture from that day! This is the dress she brought back for me from Spain!

Update on how I'm feeling. During my 8th week, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I was pretty sick. I couldn't seem to keep anything down and I was kind of freaking out. I have no weight to lose and I was so worried that I'd feel like this through the rest of my 1st trimester. I would dread waking up in the morning because I knew I'd be sick :( Trent had to go to work and my mom was in Spain. I was really missing both of them during the day. I felt completely incapacitated. Even standing up made me feel sick :/ Those days I was so grateful for my decision to hold off on getting pregnant until after I had graduated because I literally stayed inside all day.

Thankfully I haven't thrown up since. My mother-in-law, who is a nurse, thinks I may have just been really dehydrated. I am so, so grateful that I am feeling better. I am definitely still nauseous at times, but never to the point of throwing up.

Right now baby is about an inch and a half long, so I'm definitely not showing. Although I can tell when I'm about to get in the shower :) In about 3 1/2 weeks I'll have my first ultrasound!

And that's the story!

Here is the video that I mentioned earlier. I didn't know how to move it up to where I wrote about it.


Crazy long post! And I'm sorry, but you will now totally be bombarded with all of my pregnancy posts!

13 comments:

  1. Jess and Trent! Haha, I know I already wrote on your facebook wall... But we are just so excited! What incredibly happy news! I loved this post and can't wait for all of the posts to come! So many big things are happening in your family! It is very, very exciting! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Love the t-shirts. You are going to be the cutest pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me totally crying. That is so sweet! I love the video of Trent finding out. I love the shirts and everyone crying at the restaurant. I'm sure your mom is over the moon! And Trent's mom and all your sisters and everyone! It is so exciting! I can't wait to find out what you're having. Please tell me you're finding out! At the risk of embarrassing you a little, I must say I noticed that you looked extra voluptuous up top in the gradution pictures (you looked amazing!), and once I heard you were preggers, it made sense! :) You are going to be the most adorable pregnant girl. And such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Jess, I am so so happy and excited for you guys! You two are adorable. I love that you recorded telling Trent the news, I just about cried, but had to keep it together because I was at work when I read it! Anyway, congratulations, you two are going to be such amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for y'all! Such a cute idea on telling your family, too! Even though we're not preggers, I seriously get so excited thinking about how to tell Ry, how to tell our families....You should totally read this comment with a high-pitched voice. I'm so ecstatic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so so excited for you guys!!! I am excited to following your journey through pregnancy. You will be a fabulous parents. I am always here if you every have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica,

    I love that video and how Trent was like, "What is this?" lol. Oh and I love how you wrote that your grandma didn't know what preggers meant, hahahahaha. So cute! Oh and I love the pic with both of you and Jennifer! It makes me miss you guys so much!!!! I wish you all the best and I can't wait to read about your new and exciting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Jess, I am SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so so so happy you guys are having a baby, and I seriously started crying when I watched the video of you telling Trent, that is so sweet and such an awesome thing to have! I can totally imagine how hard it was for your family, I can't believe they were able to keep it a secret! Love you guys, and try ginger snaps and toast (without butter) for the nausea. Sometimes they worked for me, sometimes they didn't! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you two! That's super exciting! I can't wait to see how your pregnancy turns out and how the little one is! That video is so cute! I absolutely love it! And kudos to your family for not saying anything. I don't think I could've done that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I still love this so so much! You two are gonna be the cutest parents ever!! That cracks me up about Kent :) of course he didn't know what it meant haha.(did he even notice the shirts?) And that dress from Spain is so so cute! Can't wait for the updates :) love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that's all you recorded of Trent because I felt my tears coming. You two are going to be great parents!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeaaa! I have been waiting for this post since you told us a few weeks ago!! Congrats again and the sickness even know it stinks is a good thing because it means you have a strong pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Jess and Trent! I totally teared up watching the video. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)