Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Life is Peachy"

Yesterday we got to attend the Schnepf Farms Peach Festival. My mom came along with us and my dad met up with us later since he had been at his dental office. It was free admission and there was tons to do! The farm was really neat and had all kinds of crops. We got two pictures at the very beginning and then my camera died. LAME!

And this is the only one of the two that we liked..haha. I love sunflowers!


We first went to the Peach Sampling Tent where you could sample all kinds of peach foods and then purchase them if you liked them. There were items ranging from peach rings to peach salsa to peach cobbler.

Unfortunately, within 15 minutes I was feeling pretty faint and had to sit down. So Trent and my mom did the sampling. All I really wanted to try was the peach cobbler so I hopped in line once they got there. My mom had also grabbed a peach gum ball for me..haha. She ended up purchasing some peach salsa and also some peach topping that you can put on pancakes, ice cream, whatever!

We didn't make it to the festival until about 12:30 and it was already about 95 degrees when we got there. I have not been dealing with the heat very well and right now I'm only 12 weeks pregnant. I'm feeling worried about being a lot more pregnant for the rest of the summer :/ This must all sound like deja vu from my post last week at the Desert Botanical Garden..ha.

Anyway, after the peach sampling tent we headed over to the peach pancake breakfast. And yes, it was already 1:30 in the afternoon, but I can eat breakfast at any time of the day :) We got a huge pancake (the size of a plate) with fresh peaches on top, sausage, and icy orange juice for $5 and shared it. It was pretty good! Once I got some food in me I started to feel quite a bit better, so that was nice.

We walked around a bit afterwards. There was a country store there selling peach pies and lots of other non-peach foods, as well as a bunch of local vendors selling their crafts, which I always love to look at! Some antique furniture was being sold, and if we had some extra cash floating around I would have totally purchased some of it! I love the antique look and feel :) There was also a live band playing so it was definitely a fun atmosphere!

Trent and I decided to head home after this, but my parents stayed and picked some peaches for about $2/lb. If we had had some cold water and I hadn't been feeling so tired (I've been SO tired lately!) I would have loved to participate!

Nonetheless, it really was a fun experience! The Peach Festival continues this next weekend and we are almost considering going back :) Definitely check it out if you live in the area! It's supposed to be a few degrees cooler and we would head there earlier in the day if we do decide to go back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica! Looks like our babies are due around the same time! I can totally relate to you haha- those peaches sound so yummy but I'm sure the heat would have done me in too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable picture :) I love peaches, I want to go to a peach festival! haha

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)