Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mom

So today was obviously Mother's Day, but it was also my mom's birthday!! Every few years this happens, which is kind of a bummer because they're both special days and I think it's fun to be able to celebrate them on 2 separate days.

Nonetheless we tried to make it a very special day for Mom. I guess Dad and Amber made her breakfast this morning, and then we all had church. Afterwards Trent and I came home and started some cooking and baking :)

We had the fam over for dinner a little later. We made enchiladas since Mexican is Mom's absolute favorite :) Trent actually made them all on his own while I worked on dessert. They were so good!!

We surprised Mom with a big gift this year from all of the girls (her daughters)!

A beautiful KitchenAid mixer!


I got a video of us presenting it to her for my sisters to see! It's at the bottom of this post b/c, again, I didn't know how to move it up here (let me know if you know how to do that).

We cleaned up a bit and then had dessert and sang to Mom. She had some Tres Leches at home so she brought that along to kind of go along with our Mexican-themed dinner..haha. And then I made these mini chocolate cheesecakes that she really likes :) I'll have to put the recipe up sometime.

Haha..she was doing peace signs! Somehow I didn't realize when I took this picture!


Then we took a nice evening walk around the lakes surrounding our apartment complex.

Amber, Mom, and I. Wishing Jen, Jill, and Amy could be here.


A little breezy!


Here is the video of us surprising Mom with her new KitchenAid :)


It was so fun to actually be with Mom for her birthday and Mother's Day this year. The other day I realized it had been 3 years since I've been around for either of them!

I really don't know what I'd do without my mom. It is so fun to live just down the road from her and be involved in the things she, Dad, and Amber are involved in. My mom is the one person I will call when I just need someone to listen, usually when I need a good cry..haha. I aspire to be a mom like my mom and can't believe it will be happening in just about 6 months!

I love you so much Mom!! Hope you really had a wonderful, double whammy, day!


P.S. Totally off topic, but why is some of my text randomly black?? It's really frustrating me and I don't know how to make it the turquoise color like the rest of it!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for everything Jess and Trent. Because you live here you did lots of the work! You made my day so nice. And all the kind words and cards and gifts were so appreciated. I love you very much. Best gift of the year a grandbaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to mention. Those were not peace signs, I really don't do that. I meant I had 2 cakes?! I know I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the shirt Jess!! You guys did a great job for mom. Wish I was there, but Africa is going well so far.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave me a comment, I'll leave one for you ;)